It not only takes time to transfer bulky and heavier workloads on the floor or across aisles, and it can also lead to serious injuries at cranes in singapore.
12 fast tips to ensure secure lifts for cranes:
- Perform a visual inspection of the system
- Perform a visual inspection of the conditions of the site and possible hazards
- Ensuring the machinery stability zone
- Ensure completely deployed shock absorbers
- Check to rig for the
- Ensure that all protective equipment is in place
- Ensure that all workers inside the lift zone and its perimeters are in a good spot from the vehicles, loads, and every other item.
- Make sure the loads to be still lifted according to the owner’s manual are within the capability of the crane
- Ensure maximum conformity to load/lift limits
- Ensure that the crane is as close as possible to lifting the load
- Maintain loads as close to the ground as is relatively secure when performing lifts
- Secure the load until raised and store the crane, stabilizers, winches, and other moving parts properly.
In certain industrial environments, overhead cranes, or bridge & jib cranes, are used widely to facilitate the sorting and storage of large, oversized items that other material handling methods and equipment cannot.